1994 Orange Clockwork

randomdan

Retro Guru
I have a really soft spot for these old oranges. Clockwork was the first MTB I rode that felt "proper" and that thought has stayed with me....

This started life as a thread by BHILL22 over on the "for sale" forum. He had a powder coated clockwork frame in an unusual and rather non-catalogue style paint, baby blue with a metalic spangle. It looked fantastic to me, but nobody seemed to want to buy it, eventually I grew tired of watching it not getting sold... hay well!!

So I crossed over the peaks to collect said frame from BHILL22, and I can confirm that he is a really nice bloke - and I could have stopped a lot longer looking through his fine selection of bikes, parts, cars, chatting about this and that...

I make no apologies this final build (cos it's my bike and I'll do what I want, thank you very much) - It's not a catalogue build so may make some purists here twitch (sorry!), personally I quite like it - I've been using it as a commuter to get me to work and back the last couple of weeks, its pretty nice to ride...

94-CLOCKWORK-1a_zps6u0cprp6.jpg

94-CLOCKWORK-1_zps61jnake4.jpg

94-CLOCKWORK-3_zpsbirkdo11.jpg

94-CLOCKWORK-4_zpslnpdmdau.jpg

Shown with the it's older brother from '92

CLOCKWORKS1_zpskxmdt21j.jpg

CLOCKWORKS2_zpswlppwyu4.jpg

That's seriously gorgeous. Beautiful paint and a really nice parts fitout. Is that a White Industries chainset? I was thinking of having my Marin powdercoated over the winter: I haven't decided whether to at all, but if I do, I definitely want it done in that blue :)

Re:

Cheers guys!

Yea it's a "sugino factory" white industries crankset, brought from Whayne on here - just fancied something more exotic than LX. :LOL:

Nice one, dont worry about doing exact builds I build mine with what I have and it suits me, and thx for kind words

Back