1992 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT **SOLD**

ez054098

Senior Retro Guru
I got this frame from a fellow RetroBiker. It didn't come with a fork, so I found a Cannondale Pepperoni to paint and bolt on. The frame measures as a 21", but it still was a little small for me. So instead of cutting the steerer tube, I had to leave the length and use a s-load of spacers. Doesn't look as I would like, but it does the job. Actually, it looks goofy as hell.

I should mention, this is a bike I will keep in my cube at work, ride to the store, etc. So I don't know how far I will take this build. I used a lot of parts I had lying around. The front Nuke Proof hub needs rebuilding, so if anyone has bearings for that, let me know. The saddle is temporary. Not comfortable at all.

I had to add more threads to the fork and no one in my area had a 1 1/4" die to cut the threads. Thankfully, danson67 came through. I was able to send the forks to him, have him cut the new threads and get it back to me.

Attachments

• IMG_3435s.jpg
    IMG_3435s.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 2,941
  • IMG_3436s.jpg
    IMG_3436s.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 2,941
  • IMG_3437s.jpg
    IMG_3437s.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 2,941
  • IMG_3438s.jpg
    IMG_3438s.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 2,940
Re: 1992 Alpinestars Al-Mega XT

I don't think it looks goofy with all the spacers - it definitely looks a bit short for you though with all that seat post showing. Still I think it looks really nice. Those Cannondale forks look really good with it.

Nice job. Enjoy.

dirttorpedo":tkr2qyys said:
I don't think it looks goofy with all the spacers - it definitely looks a bit short for you though with all that seat post showing. Still I think it looks really nice. Those Cannondale forks look really good with it.

Nice job. Enjoy.
Thanks. It is a really solid ride.

Re:

How tall are you? Just out of interest.

Wheelbase looks very short and the seat is almost over the centre of the rear wheel what does it ride like?

Re: Re:

kyle888":1frwefaz said:
How tall are you? Just out of interest.

Wheelbase looks very short and the seat is almost over the centre of the rear wheel what does it ride like?
I am 6'6"
It is a odd ride for sure. I have a lot of spacers installed on the steerer tube so it isn't such an odd ride.
It is my ride to the store bike.

Re:

Ah that explains it. I'm 6ft 3 always nice when someone's actually taller ha ha.

Looks like it'd always want to wheelie!

If you ever get tired of riding it to the store I would gladly take it off your hands ;)

Back