1987 Rocky Mountain GIRO

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Thought some people in the MTB section might like this...

The main thread is at this link:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=314436&p=2354767#p2354767

Since this is not a mountain bike best bet would be to go to the link about and post your replies there :D

Been looking for one of these for several years now... FINALLY found one... Just my size too!

There were two models made in 1987, GIRO and TURBO, they were both built by Derek Bailey. This one appears to be a 1987 as it was the only year the GIRO came with columbus SL tubing. The white turbo is also date stamped "87" :D

I will be replacing the group with a First get C-Record Prototype Group. The front / rear mech and crankset have the campagnolo logos engraged (this was the prototype group). The Delta Brakes are not the prototype as I have not been able to get a set yet, they are the regular laser etched version...

The wheels will be Campagnolo Shamal =)

Shown below is how it is exactly as I found it... No paint or decals needed, frame is in near mint shape! might do something about the Derek Bailey decal as it has a big bubble in it... no biggie... It looks like a dint in the photo... it's not... just a wrinkle in the sticker

See pics below:

Attachments

• giro87.jpg
    giro87.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 495
  • image_2.png
    image_2.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 492
  • image_1.png
    image_1.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 494
  • image.png