Once ,twice ,three times a Bonty ! ** Pretty much there **

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi guys

For some time i have been hoarding a few bits to go on the "right" frame , well i think i have found it .

It will be well known to most of you ,first belonging to Johnnyboy666 who takes full credit for the paint scheme , then moved on to my very good mate mister
Mike Muz who added the judys, and now finally to me :D ( thanks again bud i know is not easy to let go )

My Bonty privateer

And here is the direction i feel the build going , i know its not period correct and i know its odd putting earler parts on a later frame but i just think they look right

[/url

As you can see mainly XT 735 with X lite Ti bar , Bonty saddle , and specialized bx 23 rims with wheelsmith butted spokes on XT hubs .
The tyres have changed already as Panaracers are pretty big in the Judy brace so got IRC Mythos at the mo , I think im going to need a change of steerer firstly because my back wont cope with that Mr M riding postion :LOL: and because i cant see the lever whack the TT :facepalm:
but there it is at the moment , more to follow :D

Cheers Paul

Re: Once ,twice ,three times a Bonty !

Very :cool:

Always loved the look of a bonty.

Think the kit will look great on it :)

Niall.

I very nearly bought one of these and on two occasions too, sad now i didnt :(

Proper bikes to my mind.

Anyone who rides a bonty must have good taste. :LOL:

dyna-ti":lhbpo6m9 said:
I very nearly bought one of these and on two occasions too, sad now i didnt :(

Proper bikes to my mind.

Anyone who rides a bonty must have good taste. :LOL:

Guess that means I HAD taste then :(
l was just too big for it

Look after her Paul ;)

Mike

Re:

Thanks Guys :)

Always fancied one and tbh with a nice frame like that its hard to go wrong !

Dont worry Mike she is being well cared for :D

Paul

Re:

NICE!

Tough act to follow mind, Mike build a mighty fine bike.

Looking forward to this.

Re: Re:

NeilM":3vaj6lql said:
NICE!

Tough act to follow mind, Mike build a mighty fine bike.

Looking forward to this.
Thanks :) its not going to be easy ! Mike is a perfectionist and has a great eye for detail :facepalm:

Paul

Re:

Ok time for an update , as you can see made a few changes and pretty happy with how its come together so far :)
sorry about the crappy phone pics and garage setting but only just finished :oops:

I will try to improve on the pics and setting and things may change after i have ridden it but this is the story so far .
Paul

Back