ozone co2 rebuild

zakattack453

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

my father was one of the guys that started bigfoot/ozone back in the day and for his birthday present this year me and my brother are building up one of the many CO2 frames he has (with some more modern components on) any way.... reading through some of the posts on here i cam across this picture ....

i was trying to find out what issue the magazine was and if i could buy it from some where, as an extra bit on memorabilia to go with the bike

i am also struggling with the head set ..... i dont want to ask the old man cause he'll sus what we're doing but if any one can help with either of these two that would be ace !!

thanks all !

Attachments

• dads bike.jpg
    dads bike.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 497
Re:

Hi and welcome to the forum and what a great project :)

What's with teasing us about his many frames - makes it sound like you can't walk around his house without tripping over the damn things :LOL:

There's a few Ozones on here and I'm sure the owners will be along shortly to help out.

Re:

That headset is a Mavic, and to make life even more interesting your frame may be 1 1/4"

I have the second Bigfoot off the production line, and it was made for 1 1/4" steerer, but fitted with 1 1/8" reducer rings by the time I got it (a couple of years ago).

The Mavic 31x headsets are a little hard to come by, but they do pop up here and on ebay from time to time.

Have a search in this section for Ozone and Bigfoot builds, there are a few.

Good luck with the build, and keep us posted.

thanks all,

will be putting up photos when its all done !!

as for the head set we a now making or own sleve for the inside so we ca fit a 1 1/8 headset as they are so easy to fine (and in the right colour)

if any one knows any more about the magazine though that would help a lot !

I don't have that particular mag but I have another that has a fully built bike in the test section....

Out of interest how many frames are just lying around?

Back