Team MARIN 1995

fahrradchris

Retro Newbie
Hi everybody! I love this site I must admit. Most of all I love to browse though the readers MTB thread. So here is mine: a 1995 Team Marin, picked it up at a bikestore in Linz, Austria in 2012. I had a Rocky Ridge before that, but unfortunately the frame got a crack in the steering tube. This seems to be a common problem with those mid-ninetys (Marin) aluminium frames. However, I was searching for a new classic MTB frame and the dealer instead came up with this bike, which came in the day before. I instantly bought it, anthough it is the 19 inch version an I am quite a tall guy. But with the extra long Synchros I made it fit. The parts were not all original, so I upgraded a few parts with mid-ninety parts wich I bought over the last 2 years.
I love the bike, the tange ultra prestige tubes were really special and still are.

The frame is not perfect, but hey, it is almost 20 years old. Here are some pictures:

2ytr1fp.jpg

205foqq.jpg

6i64gz.jpg

23l1rib.jpg

2j34cc4.jpg

15hlcaw.jpg

2u4sepx.jpg

Cheers, Christian

Nice!
Reminds me I really need to get going with mine - I have the same, 1995 and 19", just need to sort out some wheels.

Re:

Nice :cool:

Same colour as mine :cool:

If you don't mind me asking you say its a 19" and you are tall, but how tall are you ?

Back