1987 Trek 8000 (Non WTB Team Build)

eastcoaststeve

PoTM Winner
I started this project with the intent of stripping frame, and painting it the cool blue/white of the WTB team bikes.
But, being the bike dork that I am, I couldn't convince myself to strip the original red paint.

Of course, while building it, an original blue/white frame showed up at my house, so eventually this one will have a brother build.

Here's the red one:

cheers,

Steve

Re:

Nice Steve! If you ever want to find a new home for the brake booster then you know where to find me ;)

I don't know if I've ever seen a Trek MTB with those decals - it's awesome.

What stem is that? It has incredible welds.

Re: Re:

raidan73":1ib3c2ds said:
Nice Steve! If you ever want to find a new home for the brake booster then you know where to find me ;)
ha ha..you beat me to the punch. :LOL:
cool build on this one.

radian and roy, yes, it's a cool old part...if I ever decide to pass it along, you guys can arm wrestle for it ;)

CTK, thanks, that's high praise.

aguycalled80":1sevpyan said:
I don't know if I've ever seen a Trek MTB with those decals - it's awesome.

What stem is that? It has incredible welds.

80, glad you like it. Stem is an American.

Here's some info on the company:

http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/American.html

cheers,
Steve

Very nice, beautiful! I will always have a soft spot for the old aluminum treks. My first real MTB was a 1993 Trek 8000. Loved that bike. Just solid trail bikes.

dale and yeti_bomb,

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to riding it.

Funny thing is I originally wanted a blue/white frame, but couldn't find one...then while I was building the red one, a blue/white frame dropped in my lap,
now i think I like the red better...might leave the white one hanging for a while while i enjoy this one.

cheers,
Steve

Latest posts

Back