1995 Kona Hei Hei

ChefKoch

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Just bought a Kona Hei Hei 1995 frame (thanks again, Jon!). The decals are 1997 ones and not very pretty anymore. So I'll change them - but for which ones? Yellow 1995 or blue 1996?

With blue decals I'd probably build up the frame with blue and red parts, with the yellow decals with yellow and blue parts. I'm not sure, what looks better - I suppose yellow, because it's the right color for the year and looks stronger on the titanium frame. What do you think?

Here's a pic, as it is now. You can also see my (cracked) 96 Kona Kula.

I'd be happy to show the progress of the build here!

Attachments

• Foto.JPG
    Foto.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 663
Re:

Both are very nice :D (even though blue decals on yellow I like a bit more) ...subscribed ;)

Re:

Thanks, but white is no option for me (although it looks pretty). I think I want the decals in yellow, just as on the 1995 catalogue. The problem is that I don't see all the decals there and i haven't found any pics on the internet showing them.

So I have two questions and I hope, someone who has a orignial 1995 Hei Hei can help:

1. Is there a "Titanium" -Sticker on the angle betwen seat tube and top tube. Or is this the decal with the KONA-Thumb - and if yes, is there no sticker that shows the used matieral at all?
2. Says the sticker on the top tube "KonaCustom" or only "Custom" - I've seen some with "KonaCustom", but in the catalogue pic it seems to be only "Custom"?

Here is the best version of the original catalogue i found on the net (http://issuu.com/wastedqba/docs/kona_95 ; it's on page 4).

@SEANSTEPHENS: The frame cracked on the left chainstay . I'll send you a pic later

Re:

The 1994 is 3-2-5 titanium and has the sticker at the top of the seat tube. the 1995 is probably the same id imagine :? But has the thumbs up sticker where the 3-2-5 sticker is on the 94. Though im no kona expert

Sean

Re:

Those decals changed position over the years. Best to look into the catalogue archives and pics on the internet to see what they did each year and just decide what you like best. Sweet bike!

Latest posts

Back