1987 Raleigh Avanti *****Finished*****

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
In preparation for its arrival tomorrow I thought I might start a new threat.

I'm hoping that I can keep this in its original condition but we will have to see, it looks a bit ruff in the only picture I have but it definitely worth saving even if I have to get it repainted and new decals. I will get better pictures of it this weekend.

bike_zpsec5bc8fa.jpg

and the sale add i bought if from just so you can see what it looked like when I picked it up.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=289672

Re:

Wow :shock: , I can't wait to see this one come together, My all time fav Raleigh is the 87 Avanti, I have only ever seen the 87 ones in gate form & never in my size :( , I hope you do it proud :cool:

Re: 1987 Raleigh Avanti

This bike has an honourable past. It has been ridden across the top of Helvellyn and twice along High Street, the Roman Road in the east of the lakes. Claife Heights, Grizedale Forest and bridleways around Ingleborough being other highlights. I once looped the loop when the front wheel fell into a swamp and I went over the handlebars. (No harm done to the bike, just my pride.)

And here it is after a quick clean. After such an interesting past I think I will just clean it up as best I can give a service, so it can get out on the trial this summer.

file.php

My first purchase and yes the bar end are in the spare part bin.They just don't look right.

Now I must try and keep out of the man cave now, apparently it's mother's day.....

When out for a quick 30min blast and its a nice ride, I think its better than my 80`s Muddy Fox. :shock:

But after stripping the frame and attacking it with the TCut, I think I'm going to get it re painted.Powder coat white then spray over the top with the blue?

Full set of new decals have been ordered from Nick at H Lloyd Cycles. Top bloke and very helpful.

These 531 frames are indeed nice to ride, be great to see another Raleigh make it back to full glory. Wonder if H. Lloyd have the decals for my team?

Carl.

MADB":2km902it said:
But after stripping the frame and attacking it with the TCut, I think I'm going to get it re painted.Powder coat white then spray over the top with the blue?

Yes or just powdercoat it white and leave it that colour. Will look good with the turquoise decals.

Back