Another 1988 Saracen Trekker

Roger486

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I have just found this board while I was looking for some information on my 1988 Saracen Trekker in Aqua. I see that a couple of people here have restored these.

My question is on decals for this bike - has anyone found a source or found anyone that can make new copies? I have found this (attached) picture of a decal sheet, but these are not the same as on my bike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• SARACEN trekker pro decals.jpg
    SARACEN trekker pro decals.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Here is the bike...

Attachments

• RM Saracen.jpg
    RM Saracen.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1,430
  • RM Saracen decals.jpg
    RM Saracen decals.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,430
Hi Roger, sweet bike :cool: There's a lot of love for the old Saracens on here and I can't resist a double u-brake :D

Try Gil_m (forum member) or gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

I bought it in London in 1988 when I was (briefly) living there and working as a bicycle courier. I brought it back to New Zealand in 1989. It has not had a lot of use over the years as I have mainly ridden on the road (Giant TC1 Comp carbon). I am dusting it off to go ridding with my sons.

Roger

Lovely!

Rupe_w had some made, not sure where from. Worth asking him (think maybe graphicshack) but Gil_m would otherwise be able to sort some.

Look forward to more updates!

Well my Trekker is back from the paint shop and I have assembled it... but I am still using the 'old' wheels. I have new his and rims to build up. The powder coat pair scheme has come out a bit more green than the previous. But then I am colour blind so what do I know!

Next the decals...

Attachments

• Trekker.jpg
    Trekker.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 1,301
Here is the bike with the decals. Just the wheels to do now. The hold up will be sorting out the rear cluster. I have a new Deore XT hub set but they are Uniglide and I will need to convert to Hyperglide in order to get a new rear cluster to fit. A new chain was needed as part of the re-build and it skips badly on the existing old cluster.

Attachments

• Trekker 3.jpg
    Trekker 3.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,289
  • Trekker 2.jpg
    Trekker 2.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • Trekker 1.jpg
    Trekker 1.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 1,289
Looks good. Sorry I missed your post on my trekker thread. Glad you got it all sorted. Where did you get decals done in the end? Someone else is now looking for some, and yours look good.

Back