It's hip to be square - Pace RC200F2 -

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I recently asked the question "Do I want a Pace?" and the answer from many forum members was a resounding YES ! So much so it seemed that getting anyone to part with theirs would be a tough task. But good things come to those who wait right ?

It's an 18" and frame number RC0539.
The plan is to resist my usual urges of disc brakes and carbon fibre lightness and make this my retro rider with lots of shiny bits and a bit of anno here and there and generally XT group plus White Industries cranks.
The forks are RC35MXCD with the optional hydraulic damper and came from a member here and are in great cosmetic condition, but the elastomers have half turned to cheese so first thing on order will be some replacements and a rebuild.

poweredbypies":2lwhv5ni said:
Looks to be tidy, will watch this one take shape.

+1

I've owned #0482 for almost 20yrs now and will be buried with it :D
Really looking forward to seeing this build take shape

Looks great, member justbackdated will be the man for the new elastomers :)

Thanks. :)
I have spoken to Tim and he's sorted me out with a half set (6 red - hard, and 2 yellow - medium) of new elastomers and circlips for the forks, plus a couple of halves as boosters to pick up the slack of the ok but used ones I'm not replacing, so will get them fitted over the weekend if I can. Do I specifically need the Pace RC7 grease or is there a substitute which'll do the job ?

Got some RC7 grease on the way now and been finding some more square shiny things ...

Think I prefer the little Sakae stem as its 1" and wont need a shim and allows more scope for headsets stack height. Speaking of which should I be getting an alloy or steel one ? CRC have some bargain Cane Creek steel ones but I remember seeing something about steel headsets and cracked headtubes !

I'd hold out for a Pace or X-lite stem for this to be honest, neither of those two are worthy of the frame IMHO.

Back