Fuquay

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just when you think there is nothing missing from you British Steel stable, along comes some Anglo - American temptation, and resolve goes right out the window.

This will have to wait until the CATS is finished, and while I work out what kind of build I fancy for it.

No idea what the tubing is, but as the tube is shaped rather than round, I fancy we are probably dealing with Columbus of some form.

Frame number appears to be * 94262 with the number 7 in the place of the star, but at 90 degrees to the rest of the numbers.

If anyone can offer any information about this, I'm all ears (or should that be eye's?).

DSC_0452_zpsc24126a5.jpg

DSC_0453_zps3e9e1780.jpg

DSC_0455_zps2e1f10f4.jpg

DSC_0456_zps84a9273c.jpg

Nice.......... :cool:

Is it not a Tange tubeset...? looks like Tange ultimate ultrastrong from where im sat..... :?

It was avaliable for the top and down tubes at least... :cool:

GT-Steve":294a5m9v said:
Damn you, I covet this muchly..

ALWAYS wanted a Fuquay :mrgreen:
It's too small for you Steve, and you wouldn't like the colour, the finish on the frame is not up to your standards, an an an an...

IT'S MINE! Bwahhahahahahahah :twisted:

To be completely honest, I thought I would be totally outbid by those in the know. I can only imagine 'they' were all watching a football match, walking the dog or at the Mother in Laws the evening it finished.

Currently trying RC35's and 36's for size, with thoughts of Hope headset, seat clamp, hubs and other anodised nicery.

Ah, right I'd be looking for an earlier (larger) rigid f&f, as per Greg's very early stuff..

Good luck with the build, sure it'll turn out tip-top in your hands..

Good catch Neil, I'm glad someone who appreciates it got it, were it complete with fork you would have had more competition!

Back