Marin Eldridge Grade 1991

yedi

Dirt Disciple
My Marin is waiting for some paint work. Fix for few dents, scratches, etc... Some cleaning and polish is also needed :) .

pbpic1778738.jpg

Inner sides of chain stays already repainted in that picture :cool: .

I rebuilt one of these for my mother-in law. They had a truly sick paint job!

Have you still got the original wheels with Wolber rims?

hamster":1iz91gll said:
I rebuilt one of these for my mother-in law. They had a truly sick paint job!
You are right, paint was VERY difficult to find. Finally paint that is used for fishing lures had exactly same shades (fluorescent yellow + pink). Also those pink stripes very quite difficult to make. Dots were more easy :?

hamster":1iz91gll said:
Have you still got the original wheels with Wolber rims?
Yes I have(there are tires too, but not so good condition anymore)! Front hub needed new cones. Almost everything else is original too, pedals and grips aren't. Rear mech needs replacement.

That's odd, the 1991 Eldrige Grade I owned was pale Zolatone grey with orange forks/stem/bars. I've seen this paint before but assumed it was late 1980s. Looks like the frame has Afterburner seatstays though which were a late 1991 onwards feature.

yedi":2di4p2m7 said:
At archive in 1991 catalog I saw my bike, so that's why I believe it's from year 1991.

First 1991 catalog in here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=12556

Colour is same and parts are listed as they are in my bike :shock:

Maybe they had different colours for different areas?

Quite possibly, the splatter paint jobs (of which yours is the best IMHO :D ) seem to be far more common in North America, the UK seems to have lots of Zolatone bikes. doesn't really explain how that bike ended up in Finland though, does it :?

Maybe Marin importer got those models that were not possible sell anywhere else in Europe cheaper :LOL:

Anyway it's nice to have so 90's colours in bike. Neon colours were used almost for everything at that time. Those are not so "in" anymore :D

Latest posts

Back