First Resto On a Marin Palisades

rosstoward

Dirt Disciple
Before I get blasted out of the water - I have taken an old Palisades that needed some lurve and transferred it into an easily useable bike for our lass, which would appeal to her in simplicity and looks. For what I have spent I could have bought something a lot better - but its starting to look good for me.

So......

Replaced - Tyres + Tubes and rim tapes - pedals - bars + all ancilliaries that went with them - rear cassette - seat post and saddle - Bottom bracket

Frame / fork / stem - Blasted, and powder coated, by Betta Blast in Newcastle.

Removed front mech and moved middle ring forward - Keeping it simple for her indoors.

Replaced canti's with Vs although not liking the way they are sitting and cable runs are awkward.

I want to replace the shifter, but its all i had! and could to with a smarter chain ring

Thats about it, gonna try and restore the rear mech, fit all cables get decal (who does em) take it round the block a few times then tweak everything.

Am Happy!

[/img]

Attachments

• DSCN1479 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    DSCN1479 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCN1481 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN1481 (640x480).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 2012-11-01 20.11.56 (800x585).jpg
    2012-11-01 20.11.56 (800x585).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 330
Looks like a nice transformation and i'm sure your lass will be very happy with it :D

Just on a side note, you mentioned you wernt happy with the brakes and cable routing etc? I think going back to Canti's would keep the simple clean build ethos you have followed, cable routing would be sorted as the frame has a Canti-mount anyway.

Are you looking at running 1 x 7/8 ?

Yeah - running 1 x 7 - front is 38 tooth, back 11 - 28.

Think your right about cantis, might look for some adonised red or purple and change post QR as required.

Ross

rosstoward":1qlrmdzn said:
Yeah - running 1 x 7 - front is 38 tooth, back 11 - 28.

Think your right about cantis, might look for some adonised red or purple and change post QR as required.

Ross

PM sent, may be able to help you with some nice Anodised Red Canti's ;)

Back