Gary fisher hoo koo e koo and aquila

bondo

Retro Newbie
Hi recently been offered 2 nos brand new Gary fisher bikes

Aquila 1996 & hoo koo e koo 2001

not to sure if it will be worth buying them as im not to sure what they are worth

I do like the hoo koo e koo myself to keep but he will only sell as a pair

if some one could give me some info and spec please

thanks jordan

ed4825dd.jpg

2f6c1225.jpg

fbd7475e.jpg

d6bbff82.jpg

bidded on a hoo koo e koo frame the other day, it went for bout £50 in good but not NOS condition.

This is all opinion but on bikepedia your 2001 isnt listed but both 2000 and 2002 are, seems the bike at that time went for £800- 1000 new. but got cheaper and lower down the scale as time went on. Also seems your has a mix of lx and deore.
Silly to say but it depends what they guy is asking for them. IMO only Gary Fisher bikes arent too desirebale, but for NOS half decent parts by breaking the 2001 bike you should be able to get £300 maybe a little bit more.

by breaking the other aquila bike you might get around he same a little less perhaps, tyres if they are smoke dart and NOS should be worth about £40-50 on their own. On ebay as wholebikes i reckon £200 and £150 ish for the 2001 and 1993 was it respectively.

Whereabouts in brum areyou by the way?

Im in Quinton buddy not too sure if i should buy them as i dont wanna be stuck with them

I know the bloke wants £220 for the 1996 but hes not to sure on the price for the newer one but he will only sell them as a pair

then tell him to take his chances on the bay, cant see many folks bein willing to lay down a monkey plus for two gary fishers, putting both on the bay sold together hes gonna lose money. It makes sense to sell them seperately

The newer fisher i reckon £250- £300 tops on the bay, but then he will have to pay fees. if you only want the one flash him £200, with £50 as back up but be prepared to walk. The 2001 does get really good reviews though.

If you could get both for £400 you could make a good bit back and keep the bike you like, the only bit you might struggle to sell is the aquila frame for decent money, only coz there doesnt seem to be much love for them

actually a pair of N OS amber wall grey smoke/ darts, if they arent cracked have got to be worth £60-80 alone i reckon

Im hooked on the new one and its really light im confused what to do as its really a nice bike

oops the tyres are tioga psychos, so maybe a little less for them, splitting the aquila you should make the £220 back still, you really need to haggle, what have you got to lose ;)

your in a postiion of power, he wants to sell, your not sure if you want to buy :LOL: :LOL:

Back