Triggers Broom Ritchey P20 singlespeed

SwanHouseNappa

PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
It was a sad day when I picked myself up off the ground to find the handlebars forced right over the top tube and the back wheel folded in half.

Having spent the preceeding four or five years as a proper mountain bike with gears and SIDs, it then spent a short while on the workshop wall before starting its new life as a to and fro bike.

I first got the frame a matter of weeks after starting work in a local bike shop, and realising that working in a bike shop was not going to help my plan of saving some money. At its peak, the P20 had Rock Shox Sid SL, Sram 9.0sl, Middleburn hubs and Avid Arch Supremes. It went to Skye, the Cairngorms, Lake District, North Wales, North Yorks, all over. Then I crashed it.

main.php

Frame: Ritchey P20.

Fork: Kona Project II 1" threaded.

Headset: Stronglight
Stem: Some sort of all in one bar stem thing. Found in the dark dusty depths of the attic up the secret stairs woo woo.
Handlebar: As above.
Grips: Brown Specialized
Barends: Ritchey Pro WCS

Brakes: Dia Compe 987 Purple
Brake Pads: Yes.
Brake Cables: Yes.
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills.
Brake Levers: Kooka Racha

Chain: Half Link single speed. I forget what sort.
Cranks: Shimano Ultegra
Chainrings: Shimano 39t
Bottom Bracket: UN52
Pedals: Those Shimano ones that look like road pedals, but take mountain cleats.

Rims: Mavic 231/ Bontrager Mustang Asymmetrical
Hubs: Hope Ti blue lightweight front,purple screw on rear butchered to run singlespeed.
Nipples: Brass.
Spokes: DT Double Butted
Tyres: Specialized Fatboy

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Cheapy

Weight: Not very much.

nice bike......folding that tree over for one photo was arrogant and over the top though......dont do it again.... :?

Back