My Muudy Fox explorer Build

any123

Retrobike Rider
And so another project begins I have won this muddy fox explorer and i am going to strip it and put Suntour XCD Groupset on it, which is what it should have came with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Pics to follow once i have picked it up

Thanks andy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well now she is here i am stunned at how bikes have really changed. Now to strip and put me suntour xcd on.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

Andy,

Really really cool. :cool:

I am pretty sure this is a 1987 Explorer. It didn't get XCD until 1988 (the year with the bigger block graphic decals rather than the jam jar label ones you have there).

I say 87 (I initially thought 86) although they had a flat bar in 87, and Couriers had a riser, but those are XC5000 shifters and they were 1987 model year.

:D

Wu-Tangled":e7ygcpn8 said:
Andy,

Really really cool. :cool:

I am pretty sure this is a 1987 Explorer. It didn't get XCD until 1988 (the year with the bigger block graphic decals rather than the jam jar label ones you have there).

I say 87 (I initially thought 86) although they had a flat bar in 87, and Couriers had a riser, but those are XC5000 shifters and they were 1987 model year.

:D

It is defo an 87 model. I had an 88 model when i worked in the bike shop at that time and i had the courier in 87 then the next year i had an explorer with xcd grey suntour group. the 87 courier had the riser bar and suntour group group but i cant remember if it was 4000 or 5000 but i know it was silver.

Also the explorer in 88 had bigger tubes i sure, maybe its just my imagination. because then i went to the aluminum pro frame.

i tell you what i do need to see if there are any good googleers and that is the brousure showing the year 87 through to 90 or so. i have searched up and down and i cant find the 87 brochure.

was there a difference with the frames in 87 and 88 apart from decals because if there were not then i might change the decals.

thanks andy

any123":13e3o4vn said:
was there a difference with the frames in 87 and 88 apart from decals because if there were not then i might change the decals.

thanks andy

right, first - you're not allowed to change the decals. THey're perfect. way cooler than the 88 ones anyway. :LOL:

second, yes, the 88 ones were tig welded. The 87 ones were lugged like the couriers that year. And the 88 frames didn't have the tiny seat stay/ seat tube join with the paw print in it.

both lost the lugs in 88.

Wu-Tangled":1roeu80o said:
any123":1roeu80o said:

thanks andy

right, first - you're not allowed to change the decals. THey're perfect. way cooler than the 88 ones anyway. :LOL:

second, yes, the 88 ones were tig welded. The 87 ones were lugged like the couriers that year. And the 88 frames didn't have the tiny seat stay/ seat tube join with the paw print in it.

both lost the lugs in 88.

I dont know what i was thinking about when i said change the decals i have just looked at her again and well what was i thinking.

chase down the brochures if you can. thanks andy

Back