My M-TRAX 2000L

ket01

Dirt Disciple
Hello gang, I've just contacted Raleigh, via their web site, and registered my old M-TRAX with them and asked for advice on fitting suspensions forks.

I bought My bike, a 2000L model, from a shop in Headingley in leeds sometime back in the mid to late 1990's and it cost me in the region of £400+ if memory serves me right!!

Anyway, I rode the bike extensively in the Lake District, Peak District and places like Dalby Forest and Sherwood Pines etc on and off for a few years. My riding partners were work friends from Drax Power Station (happy days!!) and after I left their in 2001 I switched to road biking for a short period and I even competed in a duathlon one cold November morning 2001!

So, back to the M-Trax; I'm back riding it again after a long lay-up and I need some advice on mechanical components.
As I mentioned at the start, I want to change the front forks from the current Manitou Spyder R's to something better / newer. The Manitous (which I bought from a mate at Drax in about 199:cool: are showing signs of DEEP corrosion at the drop outs and I want to change them before they fail catastrophically and cause me a nasty injury!. :shock:

I don't want to spend too much on forks and I would consider another second hand set if they were in good nick and at the right price.

The second part of this upgrade would be to fit a disc brake (preferably hydraulic) at the front, to replace the only- just- adequate 'V' brake set up I have now. That'll mean a wheel change as well then...

Can any of you guys out there give me some ideas and advice on the above please?

All the best
Karl T

find out what size forks you need and keep an eye in the for sale section
post up in the wanted section too

Latest posts

Back