Cannondale M500 1997 updated 21/3/11

Bensherman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all

Just picked this up off Ebay didn't pay alot and are thinking of getting it powdercoated. Any ideas on a paint scheme?

CEY4Z1wB2kKGrHqFlUE1F-HZfyBNRu6R4hiQ_12.jpg

I'm thinking white frame with black forks/stem and bars but are open to ideas.

Cheers

Matt

i have an m1000 arriving soon and i am struggling with the respray or not conundrum.......white and black sounds good, im thinking 'prostitute' red with yellow decals for mine......

Whats prostitute red?

I'm thinking a monochrome scheme as I'm putting LX back on it. The brakes, seatpost and chainset are black (well the large chainring is) so thought that would look good.

MikeC and Trickylad those are sweet CDales, MikeC yours looks like just like the picture in my head of it. Just got a stem and handlebars for it FOC off my mate in my LBS. Having seen your bikes I'll try and get to the powdercoaters this week - Polar white frame and black forks just got to decide gloss or a matt finish.

Before you get it powder coated see if someone has a tatty old P-Bone going cheap as it'll be a vast improvement over the steel fork the lower models came with.

Great frame anyway mate do it proud!

Staf.

I dropped it off at the coaters yesterday Staf - asked him the whitest white for the frame and gloss black forks. I'll see how the forks go as probably use it for a pub hack.

Cheers

Matt

Well it's finished for now, done this one on a budget as will be pub hack or one to nip down shop on. Already had the lx crank and seat from my Zaskar build. As I had the Lx crank thought I'd stick with Lx. Wheelset was out the back of my cave and will replace as and when.

I have to say it's a nippy bike and goes uphill quite easily. Here's some photos...

CDale-side.jpg

CDale-ft-Brake.jpg

CDale-ft.jpg

CDale-crank.jpg

CDale-bk.jpg

CDale-Bars.jpg

I'm really pleased how this one has turned out as I haven't splashed cash over it. Thanks for looking.

Matt

Back