Nickel Finish Orange P7...

Bikebandit

Retro Guru
After the entry level Marin to test the water this bike,the Orange P7 was my first serious mountain bike back in ..think it was 98.Came equiped with LX stuff and rigid forks but after a while upgraded to XT and Pace suspension forks.
Just some pics from back then,bikes still in the family,nephews enjoying it now :D
ps.No the forks are'nt mounted backwards..the brakes are fitted to the rear on the Pace :LOL:
OrangeP7.jpg

OrangeP7001.jpg

Think they were called Bear Traps :?: :LOL: Had'nt started using spd's then,get it wrong and they left a nasty 3 or 4 furrows in your shin :roll:

I have some BMX style flatties on my P7 too. Having spent a long time riding LOOK clipless on the road, I couldn't get on with SPDs at all off road. I used to ride loose clips and straps, so unknowingly I must have been on and off the pedals all the time.

I never get on with spds either. I have slightly dodgy knees though. I stick with old style pedals with toeclips and straps on all my bikes. I don't mind flatties but I find clips and straps are a nice compromise.
I never had any beartrap style pedals but they do suit older bikes.

Back