Project 2 axle to crown lengths???

Terry_hill

Dirt Disciple
Hi

So I'm trying to lay my hands on some project 2's to go on the front of my Kona Hahanna (95) and am currently bidding on some on ebay. Thing is an answer to an axle to crown query has popped up saying they are 370mm long?

This seems really short and as they have disc brake tabs are black and have the little jungle text logos on I took it they were relatively new and so should be in the 410-440 range

I know pre 93 (ish) that project 2's were 390mm but have they ever made them as short as 370mm or is this likely to be someone measuring to the underside of the steerer tube rather than the bearing race?

I've sent a query to the seller but haven't had a reply as yet so wondered if anyone here had come across these short forks?

I've attached the sellers images to help with any guess work as to if they will actually be that short.

Attachments

• brake bosses.jpg
    brake bosses.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 757
  • fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 757
Terry_hill":321yly1c said:
is this likely to be someone measuring to the underside of the steerer tube rather than the bearing race?

Sounds like it. 370mm would give a pretty steep head angle...

Got a reply to my question (and won the auction) looks like he is a newbie to a to c lengths and measured wrong. turns out they are 410mm so perfect for my Hahanna!

Back