Old cannondale

spudgun

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
O.K. I'll admit I've had a few ups and downs with this bike,even offering it for sale once or twice.Anyway decided to ressurect it again, and to be honest it ain't half bad.True the naff stickers are hiding a few sins of the past, and it's an acquired ride but I'm enjoying it again. What do you think?
P1010146.jpg

It's a monster! And I mean that in a good way.

It deserves a more period-sympathetic crankset and saddle though.

I love those bikes, blew me away at the time :cool:

Never tried one to be honest.Have thought about it once or twice,but never got round to it.

Can't help thinking that would look the nuts with a set of Vectors. I know they wouldn't be "period" but it would go with the chunky rear end - probably render it a bit of a strange ride though :)

Love the 'dale - you don't see many of them any more.

It's a 19" ;)

The feeling with a flexstem, is near the ride of a full rigid bike. You don't really feel the rear suspension (yes, there's a lateral flex, and the feeling of a flat tire)
Only rear suspension wasn't a so bad idea : you have more weight on the rear than on the front of the bike, and when the suspension works, the bike is really more stable.
I love this bike with rigid fork.

But you can ride it with suspension fork. The ride is not so bad.
But the bike becomes heavy, I you have to find an RS1, mag21 or a manitou (very low suspension fork) for keeping the original geometry.

Your bike is a SE1000, all suntour equiped.
You have to remove all these ugly modern parts ;)

Back