1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Last Minute Suggestions?

Re: 1994 KONA Hei Hei - Titanium - Suggestions Please =)

silver ck. I've had eyeballing tryouts with a silver thomson stem/post on my ti kona and didn't like it.
however the polished silver accent of the CK headset sets of the 'colour' of the ti nicely.

parfumisme":o6bupafn said:
silver ck. I've had eyeballing tryouts with a silver thomson stem/post on my ti kona and didn't like it.
however the polished silver accent of the CK headset sets of the 'colour' of the ti nicely.

Hmm you have a good point there... The silver shim accents the Ti bar nicely so a silver headset should do the same... Thanks!

Now, if I do go with a silver headset what should I do for cable hanger? I'm not really a fan of the fork mounted Kona hanger thing... I definatly want something by the headset...

Ok... I think silver CK is the way to go...

Found this in my parts bin... Ritchey hanger... What do you think?? shape seems to go well with CK...

Just not sure what to use for a noodle?

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 328
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 328

shutter":1l1uzltt said:
Ok... I think silver CK is the way to go...

Found this in my parts bin... Ritchey hanger... What do you think?? shape seems to go well with CK...

Just not sure what to use for a noodle?

I would have said black hs and hanger. Will be watching this with interest

Sean

Thanks! I'm 'hoping' to pick up the tange struts fork tomorrow... new steer tube being installed tomorrow morning

As soon as I get it back I'll update with pics =)

I agree with Frank. Chris King Pewter, Kona fork mounted cable top.

I would also choose fork mounted given the option because more consistent modulation of brake due to taking flex induced self braking out of the equation and less bend in the cable = smoother actuation. Plus Kona even made one for Kona bikes that looks bad ass.

cyclotoine":3q7p54w4 said:
I agree with Frank. Chris King Pewter, Kona fork mounted cable top.

I would also choose fork mounted given the option because more consistent modulation of brake due to taking flex induced self braking out of the equation and less bend in the cable = smoother actuation. Plus Kona even made one for Kona bikes that looks bad ass.

Good points there =)

I have a NOS Kona fork mounted hanger as well so I will try both =)

The Pewter one looks like a dead on match in a photo but in person (to me at least) looks purple and I am not a fan of purple =)

The silver one is in and goes well with all the other silver accents =)

Updated pics... Lengthened the steer and filled a dint... Now... How to paint the forks? Black or Ti colour...?

Back