57cm 1997 Raleigh Royal/ Randonneur 708 SOLD

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this just under a year ago from this very forum - it's truly a fabulous bike, stunning frame and nicely put together (by LGF), but I've only ridden it about twice. I've since built up another bike that fits the role I bought this for and with numerous builds and restos going on at once I'm running out of space.

file.php

file.php

In the spirit of the forum, I'm asking the same figure it was originally advertised for... despite the fact that I reckon it might sell for a fair bit more now given the Covid bike boom. If it doesn't sell reasonably quickly I might take my chances on eBay. I might also change my mind and decide to keep it!

I bought this without pedals and saddle. I've fitted brand new (basic quality) items so that it's ready for the next owner to jump on and ride. Will add some pics soon.

Will post in the UK (payment via PP gift or bank transfer, and allow additional £40 for courier/insurance/box) or welcome pick-up in person from South Devon.

Re: 57cm 1997 Raleigh Royal/ Randonneur 708 £250

Wow! Just what I need. Unfortunately, I am in Copenhagen. :cry:

Re:

Interested.....
What height are you? I'm 5'11" and think this might be a smidge too large though.

Can you do postage to NI? Royal Mail should be same cost as mainland.

Re: Re:

dg01":23sibjd1 said:
Interested.....
What height are you? I'm 5'11" and think this might be a smidge too large though.

Can you do postage to NI? Royal Mail should be same cost as mainland.

Replied to PM -

I doubt the frame would be too big - I'm just over 5'11", with long legs. The frame fits me well, but the fitted stem is on the long side so for me the reach is a bit too much. I had planned to fit a shorter stem (and make a few other tweaks) but I've decided I'd rather build something from scratch than mess about with this - it's pretty together as-is.

I don't think LGF is much over 6ft (?) - he found it too small... fit is personal and at the end of the day we're all different shapes and sizes. On paper, it ought to be a good fit for someone 5'11".

Re: 57cm 1997 Raleigh Royal/ Randonneur 708 £250

Sorry, temporarily withdrawn from sale. I think maybe I want to keep it.

Re:

I'd really like first dibs if seller has had a change of heart.....

Just saying like....

Back