Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

Mike Mullet - Now sold
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=416564

Author:  OldTel [ Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Mike Mullet - Now sold

Hi.
selling on behalf of a friend, a late 80's, 90's ( I think ) Mike Mullet 753r ( I think the 'r' stands for imperial size tubing ) , it is in original used condition, all appears well with it, I may have a ride out at the weekend to confirm. Size wise it is 25" Seat Tube and 23" Top Tube C to C, so a large size. It has a very mixed Campag groupset, but again it all appears to work well together. Looking for £450.

Campag Headset
Campag G.S Front Brake ( nutted )
Campag Veloce Rear Brake ( nutted )
Campag Racing T Crankset Triple
Campag 8 speed Chorus changers
Campag Mirage Rear Derailleur
Campag Front Derailleur
Campag Hubs
Shimano 600 Seat post
Shimano pedals
Brooks Pro Saddle ( large rivets )

I will do more photos if required, PM me if required. Can be viewed in North Herts.

Thanks Terry

Attachments:
Mike Mullet small.jpg
Mike Mullet small.jpg [ 472.04 KiB | Viewed 2474 times ]

Author:  OldTel [ Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mike Mullet For Sale

Slight price decrease

Thanks
Terry

Author:  peetee [ Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re:

The ‘R’ in 753R stands for ‘Road’ and was used to distinguish it from the lighter gauge (and much rarer) 753T, the time-trial spec tubeset.
It’s a beautiful bike and exactly the sort of thing I’d take to the Alps given half a chance. I’d be very tempted if my shed wasn’t heaving. GLWS

Author:  OldTel [ Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 pm ]

Hi, thanks for that nugget of info, I suppose it is obvious but I hadn't seen it before, just in case someone else hasn't seen it before I've attached a bad photo of it, it was raining so it had to be a garage photo. Thanks Terry

Attachments:
753r decal.jpg
753r decal.jpg [ 156.63 KiB | Viewed 2043 times ]

Author:  OldTel [ Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:25 pm ]

Hi, just to make you aware, I completed a 40 mile ride on it today, it is a bit big for me, my issue with it was the reach. All the gears work fine, had to hit the granny wheel on Gravel hill, Hexton, all worked well. Thanks Terry

Author:  OldTel [ Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:54 am ]

Hi, last price cut, after this, other avenues will have to be considered. Thanks Terry

Author:  Orbit531C [ Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mike Mullet For Sale

Hi Terry, I am interested in this, (if you haven't sold it yet elsewhere)? I'm trying to send you a PM.
thanks,
Dom

Author:  OldTel [ Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:02 pm ]

Hi Dom, Yes it is still available, if you need further photos just ask. Thanks Terry

Author:  Orbit531C [ Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:34 pm ]

Thanks Terry, could you let me know the stand over height please, from the ground to the top of the top tube / cross bar?
Thanks Dom

Author:  OldTel [ Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 am ]

Hi, it is 88 cm in new money, I usually ride a 60 cm frame and got on with it okay. Thanks Terry

Author:  Orbit531C [ Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm ]

Hi terry, and thanks for taking that measurement, unfortunately I'm just going to have to leave it then, as 84.5 cm is really the upper limit for my PBH.
A very special and Lovely Bike and if I was any longer-legged I'd take it in a heart beat.
GLWS, Dom

Author:  OldTel [ Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:46 pm ]

Hi Dom, thanks for the interest, sounds like a 24" frame would be closer to your needs. Terry

Author:  JimmySteel [ Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 am ]

Hi Tel,

I'm interested in the bike but distance could be an issue. Is posting a possibility? I'm based near manchester and occasionally venture down that way but probably won't for a month or so.

Thanks

Author:  OldTel [ Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 am ]

Hi, if you are serious I'm happy to meet half way ( Coventry/Birmingham ), if you pay a bit towards the petrol, which I suspect would be cheaper than posting. Do you want some more photos, could provide an email address. Thanks Terry

Author:  JimmySteel [ Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm ]

Thanks Terry, I will be heading down to London in mid October, if it is still available i'll come and have a look on the way. Is there much clearance for mudguards, I presume they are 700x23 tyres in the pictures, would this be the max size possible?

Author:  OldTel [ Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 am ]

Hi, yes indeed, the tyres are 700c x 23, the current mudguards I think would accommodate 25's no problem, but 28's I couldn't say. I will keep it as a whole until the end of October, so if it is still available, you are welcome to inspect. Thanks Terry