1980's Raleigh Equipe, large frame

disasterbus

Retro Newbie
Vintage RALEIGH EQUIPE retro Racing Bike.

Built in the Mid 1980’s by Raleigh at their Nottingham factory (before it closed and Raleigh production moved overseas).

I bought this lovely old bike in an auction as I had owned one in my late teens and had fond memories of it.

Sadly, having taken delivery of the bike I have had to accept that my legs are too short for it!

I’m selling the bike cheaply, just trying to get back what I paid for it.

The Raleigh Equipe was a 12 speed steel frame bike built when Raleigh were still a world leading bike manufacturer.

I’ve given it a quick clean, but an hour with some chrome cleaner on the wheels and polish on the frame would really improve the bike. I've also replaced the damaged / missing handlebar tape.

Everything seems to work and the tyres hold air, even though I’m guessing they are the original ones!

The frame is big – about 62 cm from centre of bottom bracket to top of seat tube so probably suit riders 6’ or over (or with longer legs than me!!). Stand-over height (top of crossbar to the floor) is about 89cm / 34.5”)

£45 ono

This bike would make a great resto project to relive your youth, Eroica type race bike, single speed conversion for the Hipsters out there or just a great, cheap bike.

COLLECTION ONLY from Woking, Surrey.

Back