Team Raleigh Dynatech Lo-Pro track bike

Allshownogo

Dirt Disciple
Greetings all,

Due to the recent arrival of our second son I’ve had to have a close look at the number of bikes I have in the garage, and after having surgery on my shoulder two on this ago I’ve been instructed by my physiotherapist that I need to have a look at rowing machines as my trapezius muscles are completely shot!

Because of this I’ve made the decision to take a long hard look at the bikes I own, and work out which ones are getting a lot of use, and which ones are purely in the garage because I really dont want to move them on due to having an attachment to them after building them myself.

This beauty is now subject to a sale as it hasn’t been ridden this year.

This is a Raleigh Dyna-Tech Titanium frame made by the Special Products Division especially for Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech rider Ian Cammish to attempt the World Hour record in 1991 (the fork steerer is actually stamped ‘I.Cammish’). Ian broke the 10km and 20km record but felt he didn’t have enough in the legs and climbed off before the end of the record attempt, only about 2 minutes before the heavens opened which would have ended the record attempt anyway.
This frame is made from the Dyna-Tech technique of aluminium lugs with the frame tubes glued into them. This team race frame has Titanium main tubes with a Reynolds 753 rear triangle and forks.

I bought this frame from Ian Cammish himself along with its brother that was built to train on and have restored this one to working condition but have left the tubes exactly as they were. The forks have had to be re-finished as the original Cinelli Quill stem had fused into the steel steerer and the only way to shift it was to apply heat to the steerer. The original bolt that connected the seat stays to the seat tube lug had corroded and sheared off, and that was carefully drilled out and replaced with a modern bolt with a nylock nut.

I’ve rebuilt the bike with as much original equipment as possible, and have tried to build it as it would have been in ‘91 when Ian trained on it.......I did have original Mavic bull bars on it when I first built it, but 25 year old alloy bars aren’t a good idea and I snapped them pulling away from a set of lights!

It has a repolished Mavic Starfish chainset with a high polished 48T chainring, a vintage Shimano Dura Ace threaded headset, an ITM quill stem, Shimano aero brake lever and Mavic CXP12 rims (front is a 650c built onto a Shimano Ultegra hub, rear is a 700c built on a Sturmey Archer flip-flop hub with 17T cogs - both shod with new Continental tyres).

It also has modern Profile bull bars, alloy seatpost, Adamo saddle, Garmin mount and cadence sensor, carbon fibre shelled square taper bottom bracket, KMC lightweight track chain, and most importantly a very modern Ultegra 6800 dual pivot brake to properly stop this thing if you have to slam the anchors on!

It does look ridiculous in the photos but that is down in no small part to the fact that I am 6’5” tall with 36” inside leg and had to ride this thing with a VERY long seatpost!
The seattube is 58cm long from centre of the bottom bracket to the seat clamp, but the top tube is actually an effective 54cm (ie it’s certainly too small for me!). These things were built to be aggressive!

This thing is a bit of U.K. time trialling history.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Asking £850 for it, and it’s in Norfolk

Back