*Sold* Umm, not sure about this... but it is an old Raleigh

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
***Now sold***

Would like to get shot of this, now £80 collected (S. Oxfordshire) or + £12 for posting (in a proper cardboard bike box). Any interest?
Interesting (or not) facts and figures - 58"ish frame scaffold-pole steel, dates from late 'fifties / very early sixties (as far as I can gather), cotters, crank arm chrome pretty far gone on one side, ok on the other, rebuilt bb and headset, all original.
Nice head badge (!), nice patina, faded re box lining, really odd decals applied in the 70's to make the bike appear newer than it was I suspect. No cracks, dents.
Miss-matched wheelset, front is a Dunlop Lightweight rear is a Vanshothorst, chrome's good, hubs are good, rear rim could do with a true. Stripped, cleaned the hub and bearings. Brand new Kenda tyres (only ridden 3 miles to test everything), new tubes. Front OLN is c95mm, rear c.115mm.
New s/s chain and 18t sprocket.
Weinmann 500 brakes, nicely cleaned. New pads.
New cables and outers.
That cable management... full style as well. Currently sporting cable ties. Was looking for a couple of chrome clips, they're somewhere but I can't remember where I left the blasted things.
BLB black stem, Charge straight bars, black BMX-style levers, all pretty good.
A dumb seat, but was all I had. Clear resin DMR-style pedals. Sorry.
But for all that, it actually rides quite nicely.

Attachments

• beater_1.JPG
    beater_1.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 756
  • beater_2.JPG
    beater_2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 756
  • beater_3.JPG
    beater_3.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 756
Re: Umm, not sure about this... but it is an old Raleigh

BTW, have a rather more appropriate ITM stem and bars in rather good condition, to come off another Raleigh. Could swap that out / offer as a replacement to the combo shown...

Back