FS: 1979 Viner Professional with Campag build

Mark Cotton

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
FS add placed on behalf of my Dad. A year ago, he bought an unused 1979 Viner Professional bike from someone in Germany. It is in crimson red with Yellow detail. He bought it (for a considerable amount which he said was a bargain) with the intention of riding it. However, he has since decided that getting fit enough to do this beautiful bike any justice is far too much like hard work! It has never been ridden, but has a couple of little chips on the rear stay from storage and shipping.

Built as follows -
56.5cm seat tube (c-t) 55cm c-c
55cm top tube
13.5cm headtube
Steel Columbus tubing
Campagnolo record 6 speed rear mech, double front mech, chainset (campag strada 170mm - 52/42), brake callipers, downtube levers, brake levers, headset, and 36 hole campag record hubs.
Campagnolo viner branded seatpost with red and yellow to match paintwork
Hubs are built onto tubular Fiamme Ergal rims and fitted with Continental Giro 22mm tubulars (possibly the youngest part of the bike?)
3T cicli viner braned stem (to match the paint scheme) 110mm long
3T bars (40cm outside to outside) with yellow cotton bar tape.
San Marco Gi-Liux 312 saddle (black)
Brake cable outers are yellow (again to fit the paintscheme)

He is looking for £1950 having paid more than £2k for it, but he could be tempted with an offer.
I have lots of detailed photos I can send. I will add a photo to this post once I get the photos uploaded.
Located in Lincoln - can arrange to view.

Attachments

• VINER 1.jpg
    VINER 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 883
Re:

A real stunner, perhaps the prettiest thing I've ever seen here! But way outta my league (wallet). Someone is sure to snap this up pdq. Good luck - to you and your dad.

Out of my league too but any chance of some pics of the star panto work for me to dream about....

Shaun

Latest posts

Back