Raleigh R300 Touring - 58.4cm

gvdm

Retro Newbie
This is a great example of a Raleigh USA touring bike from the 90s. It is right on the edge of your definition of retro, I'm not quite sure whether it's a '97 model or not. It has probably done less than a few hundred miles in its lifetime and as a result is in very good condition. The geometry of the US made frame is very well liked - search online. With a tiny bit of love, it would make the right person very happy :D

➡️ Lots more pictures

• Size: 23" / 58.4cm
  • Stand over height: 33" / 83.8cm
  • Shimano RSX groupset
  • front and rear pannier fixings
  • Selle Stratos Road saddle
  • Shimano Alivio hubs
  • Weinmann Zac rims
  • 7005 frame
  • steel fork

The previous owner bought it in the US while he was living there, but sadly suffered a heart attack and was told he could not cycle any more by his doctor. He couldn't part with it though and brought it with him when he moved back to the UK. I bought the bike hoping to do a bit of work to it and go on a long trip. Unfortuantely it didn't work out and with a little one on the way I can no longer justify having it in the flat :roll:

Lots of components have been upgraded, £100 worth. I will also include things I haven't had time to work on.

Installed
  • Pedals - MKS AR-2 (classic touring pedals medal in Japan)
  • Brakes - Planet X Frogs Bollox (modern cantelever brakes, similar to CR 520s)
  • Brakes - Raleigh Brake Hanger
  • Mud Guards - Tortec Reflective Guards
  • Tyres - Vittoria Rubino (quite narrow)
  • Bar Tape - Bike Ribbon Cork Tape

Will also include
  • additional longer stem
  • Shimano HG70 chain (unopened)
  • K.ble brake cables (unopened)
  • K.ble gear cables (unopened)
  • Large spanner to remove headset nut

I am looking for £250* for the bike (including everything else listed). I live in Sheffield and collection is preferred. Happy to answer any questions.

*Unfortunately I broke the valve selector on my pump and can't inflate the tyres at the moment. I'll knock off a tenner to cover new inner tubes in case they are needed.

(Please note this is also listed elsewhere - not clear on whether this breaks The Advert - rule #15 or not. Apologies if it does, no harm meant.)

Attachments

• ftZfer4.jpg
    ftZfer4.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 691
Back