NOS Dawes Mirage

MynameisCasper

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hello all,

I have for sale a NOS Dawes Mirage... Well in fact I have 3 (Edit: 2) :shock: the first one I am selling is a green one
GroteFoto-8OJAGPI8.jpg

Everything is new and new grease is applied.

I have asked what it was worth in the 'whats it worth' section and i was told that this could easily be sold for gbp500. I was asking Gbp 450 ex shipping but now i am asking a mere gbp350 ex shipping :)

Here are some more pics
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3YNBGCS3

Thousands of men in WW1 and 2 were killed on their army provided green bikes.

If you were seen riding a green bike people used to take their hats off as you cycled past......

Thanks for that little piece of history Pirate. That explains why people doff their hats to me, and I thought it was because I ride at a funerial pace!!!

Attachments

• Equipe1.jpg
    Equipe1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,177
pirate":1l3hz4a4 said:

If you were seen riding a green bike people used to take their hats off as you cycled past......

I don't see how you get from that to green bikes being unlucky. Are green tanks unlucky just because a lot of them got shot at in the Ardennes? Do we think of grey battleships as being unlucky, just because of the many that were sunk in the North Atlantic?

I'd guess that if you were riding a green bike shortly after the war, there was a good chance that it had it had survived but its previous rider had not...

But that doesn't make it unlucky, does it? If a piece of kit was used during the war then the chances were it saw action and violence. If anything, I would have thought the bike would be considered lucky having survived the war.

And what of the bikes used in North Africa? Are sand coloured bikes unlucky too?

You don't tend to see too many battleships, nor tanks rolling down the High Street!

Jim75":2mlfm8ew said:
pirate":2mlfm8ew said:

I don't see how you get from that to green bikes being unlucky. Are green tanks unlucky just because a lot of them got shot at in the Ardennes? Do we think of grey battleships as being unlucky, just because of the many that were sunk in the North Atlantic?

brucers":5vmfwwbd said:
You don't tend to see too many battleships, nor tanks rolling down the High Street!

Jim75":5vmfwwbd said:
pirate":5vmfwwbd said:

No, but I'd like to - roll a tank down the high street, that is (not a battleship), and preferably a T-34.

Back