Titanium / Alloy bolts for ISIS Bottom Bracket (M15 size?)

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm on the lookout for a pair of lightweight Ti or Alloy bolts to fit an ISIS Bottom Bracket [now confirmed as M15 size] Anyone have anything?

Cheers :D

Re:

Titanium will often be the smaller size which I think is M12.
Best check though. What bottom bracket is it?

Re: Titanium bolts for ISIS Bottom Bracket (M15 size?)

Had a quick check when I took the bolts out earlier today and the bolts seemed a fair bit bigger than M12 but will have to go back to the garage and measure up just to be sure.

As for the BB, I'm not sure what model it is as it's a road bike I recently bought, which has pretty decent stuff on it. I haven't had the cranks and BB off it yet. The crank is a FSA Carbon Pro (compact) and when you take off the bolts you can see quite a wide hole running right through the axle. Probably should check there's not a cheap BB sitting in there before I go blowing any money on the bolts for it but I haven't seen any evidence of skimping so far on the rest of the bike.

Ah, green probably won't suit (just looked up the NC-17 bolts and it looks a proper green too :)) but this does remind me that alloy bolts would probably do as well - in which case I assume you're supposed to tighten the cranks up using the heavy steel bolts, then remove and put the alloy ones in their place?

Looking up alloy bolts CRC sell some FSA ones that look like they'd do the job, 22g per pair which saves about 15g on the steel ones currently fitted. I thought the Ti ones were a bit lighter than that though.

But now it seems that there are 3 ISIS bolt sizes, M12, M14 and M15 - will need to do some careful checking to tell whether it's the M14 or M15 I need...

Re:

On my race face signatures theybsau the bolt size on them.

Not sure if my FSA do or not.

Do you have any octalink setups?

The m12 are usually for robust setup. DH Jump etc.
M14 for lightweight Ti setups (or lighter DHish)
M15 for normal steel setups

And given there is little tapering force going on and just clamping force, you should clamp up with the Alu bolts.
Not sure if anyone makes them I the Torx design.

Re:

Nearly finished this build and still looking for some alloy or Ti M15 bolts for ISIS/Octalink BB... Black, silver or red would be great :)

Back