Manitou Black lowers

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I think 2003 or a little bit later - Its the ones with the 3D BLACK decals model is Elite 100/120mm.

Last night I decided at 1am to saw off the canti studs so its only disc. Its for a rat, based on a kona kikapu deluxe stripped frame to which ive just replaced bushes and all the bearings with the replacement kona bearing kit.

Intention was to strip off the paint and let nature coat it in oxide, a few slaps of enamel, some stickers, you know a rat.
Only I sawed too much of an angle and instead of taking the stubs down to the fork, i cut too deeply, and would have to grind away a considerable amount to blend it back in. A bit thin maybe for around the brace area. Probably be fine, but i intend to sell or even gift it to a nephew.

So i think it best just to replace the lowers if i can get another set. New/used is ok.
Stripped it was mint internally, all the pumped in grease,really did its job. So I reckon just a new lower and the project is back on track.

Re:

My memory is vague but seem to recall crc selling off a load of older manitou spares recently.

Took a look and nowt :( Thats always the way there. Either you need and theres a glut and its £20 or sod fing all :LOL:

Silly me, otherwise working forks now fubat.

Re:

I have Some Skareb's but not sure how different they are to your Black's
They are a complete fork - spares or repairs

Thanks for the offer, but ill wait and see if i can get the right thing :cool: Likely going to be selling frame/fork, so for safety's sake.

Latest posts

Back