Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:19 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:16 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

EarlofBarnet wrote:
Thanks for the replies. It’s for a Goldtec Draco six bolt hub that I’m using on my Sintesi Bazooka. I’m running Hope C2 brakes so thought a matching rotor would be fitting. The rotor in the picture came up when I was searching.

I eyed up an Avid 180mm rotor and it looked about right. I couldn’t mount it though as it wouldn’t fit on to the hub. The six holes looked to line up but the hub seemed a tad too fat to let the disc sit on to the facing.

There is an adaptor for the hub to fit hope 5 bolt rotors. I have one here.
I actually needed one but hadnt a clue what they looked like and did see one on ebay relisted 1/2 a dozen times and id no idea that thing was the part i really needed :lol: By the time i found out via a goldtec advertising blurb the bloody thing had sold.
Thankfully another cropped up a few months later and I grabbed it.

Alternatively, should you wish and it causes next to no damage and nothing thats going to cause a problem.
The 6 bolt will fit, but the pattern is slightly different, in that i think goldtec rotors have a circular hole, and hope have the wavy flower shaped one.
You can grind off a little of those points on the hope 6 bolt and also grind away a little next to the hub disc mount hole.

You can see when you offer the two up together those little shaped bits are all thats stopping it from going on.

I should be able too get you a pic of the adaptations I made and even then after i ground them away I think just grinding on the rotor should be adequate to allow fitting.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:30 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Thank you for the reply, that’s some really helpful information. Wonder why Goldtec went with a slightly bigger diameter between the disc holes? It’d be great to see the adapter if you wouldn’t might sharing a picture.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:00 pm 

Sorted! Tried another wheel on my bike with a 5 bolt 185mm rotor and it lines up nicely with the caliper. So it’s a 185mm I need...but in a six bolt :)

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:14 pm 
Retro Guru

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353078584493