WTD.195-200mm rear shock

Grannygrinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Im in need of either a Fox Vanilla R spring in the appropriate length for a 195 shock
A complete sprung shock, Fox ideally
Or an air shock that doesnt leak like a sieve or explode at the slightest provocation!!!
Thankyou

Re:

Got a few 190-200 air shocks. I've never had an issue with the fragility of any I've used. Did you have something in mind to avoid. I've probably got fox and rs options.

Re:

These frame has a Fox RC32 with pro pedal fitted.
It was ok but seems to need rebuilding very regularly.
I'd prefer something less complicated.....worse if you like....but more reliable, hence considering a sprung shock as an ideal option.
Ta

Couple of things, Fox don't make/haven't made an RC32, they have the RP23. RC32 is an X-Fusion shock.

And how often is it needing rebuilding, and is it failure that's causing it to need one, or just the service intervals?

(And i'd want to get exactly the right length and stroke unless i was *absolutely positive* that changing it wouldn't cause an issue.)

And from your earlier thread......
Grannygrinder":2e2yr0z1 said:
I have elected to do it myself.....how hard can it possibly be!!! lol

Think you may have answered your own question!

Unfortunately you can only do a partial rebuild without access to a Fox special tool to remove the centre shaft from the top cap....which i dont have...it transpires its the seals on the central tubes that are causing the leak from the pro pedal valve.
Yes sorry RP23.
I cant see 5mm+ on length or stroke being an issue.

Grannygrinder":bfbpt1eh said:
I cant see 5mm+ on length or stroke being an issue.
Depends on leverage ratio, current clearances and tyres sizes etc.
It *might* not be a problem. You could break your frame.

At the very least you need to mock it up at max and min stroke travel/length.

Back