Allin cycles head badge or frame.

Ghs4th1987

Old School Hero
Hi I just missed a badge on eBay so I'm still still after one for my 80s built bike. If any frames are out there or cliff Shrubb I'm on the look out. Please get in touch if you have any gathering dust.

Many thanks.

Re: Cliff Shrub/Allin frame

I have a very nice Cliff Shrub built Allin frame from 1984 - Columbus tubing - from memory 22.5 inch - it has Campag Super Record, Cinelli, Mavic GP4, Stronglight components too. Spokes are chrome and rust so the wheels need a rebuild, and some new tub glue - apart from that they are good to go!

Ghs
Would be very interested to see pictures of your frame. I have just acquired an Allin frame of similar date. See photo below.

Attachments

• ALLIN.2514.jpg
    ALLIN.2514.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,465
Nice track frame - looks like TA/Stronglight BB and Head set? I used to work in Allins, when John Hutt and Ray Moore ran it.

I no longer have the bike I described above, I sold it to a member of this forum.

Thanks Neil. It has a Stronglight A9 headset and FAG bottom bracket. The frame number is 2514 and I suspect that it dates from something like 1985/6 ? There are some interesting features also which really attracted me to the frame. The first being the seat stays that are almost rectangular in section and are incorporated into the seat tube lug. The second is the channel in the top tube for a rear brake cable. See photos.
I wonder who made this frame ? I suspect that it must have been a special order.

Attachments

• Allin.2514.12.jpg
    Allin.2514.12.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,460
  • Allin.2514.3.jpg
    Allin.2514.3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,460
If it was 85/86 then the likelihood is that it was Ray Moore. Less possibly Cliff Shrub. My view - based on these pics, it was Ray, but I have no hard data to confirm.

Back