Avocet Cyclometer Transmitter Cable

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have one of these in black with the front fork dropout mounted receiver in the sliding bracket?

Thanks,

Craig

I have a variety of Avocet spare parts from the Avocet 30, 35, and 40 series. What model cyclometer do you have? I only ask because all the cables I have come across have been grey, although some of the brackets are black (but usually grey also). The black brackets that I have attach to the front of the fork blade, while the grey ones push over the top of the dropout - both types being secured by zip tie(s). I also have pick-up rings in both black and grey. And several working cyclometers in various colours.

I'm a newbie on here (although I have sold a lot of retro bike bits elsewhere). I'll try to post photos of my Avocet stock here in the next couple of days. That might help pinpoint if I have what you need.

Re:

Thanks for that information.

I have the original Avocet Cyclometer 20 as used by Greg LeMond in the early/ mid '80s. I need a black cable with the laterally adjustable dropout mounted receiver. The original cable didn't have this adjustment but as the distance from the transmitter ring to the dropout receiver had to be within a few millimeters, Avocet then produced a Mk2 cable with the laterally adjustable receiver to cope with the multitude of hub/ dropout gap combinations out there.

You can see the notched slider bracket in this model - the original one was just made from one housing - this unit has a separate notched holder that slides over the receiver body and allows a click by click adjustment.

Thanks,

Craig

Which hubs are you running this with out of interest ? I've got these avocets on all my bikes with Shimano hubs and either type of pick up works fine. Is it a campag hub causing a problem ?

Re:

It could well be - it's a C Record front hub on a TVT fork. If I remember rightly, back in the day it was a hit and a miss as to whether the thing worked or not with this combination..

If you find a nos / mint standard one in grey I'm happy to swap. I have the one you need on one of my bikes which has shimano hubs.

Re:

Here's the gap - it's too big to transmit anything to the receiver and I can't do anything about it ie angle the receiver etc...

:?

Ah I have one like that, its more how the fork is rather than anything else on mine. All I've done is twisted in a bit so there is a V shape gap almost (front of sensor is closer than back) and it works fine.

is there no way you could space out the disc on the wheel to bring it close enough? circular plastic shim

Back