Wanted: Vitus 992 50/52cms Frame+Fork Anodised finish

malcolm-l

Retro Newbie
Hi, been looking for a Vitus 992 Frame+Fork 50/52 cms seattube C-C in an anodised finish (preferably) in good condition. Would like a good condition headset too as these seem hard to source nowadays. Having lots of trouble finding anything that's smaller than 53 cm frame (which is too long in the top-tube for me).

Anyone out there wishing to part with one, or know a friend who has one ? I'm based in the West Midlands, UK.

Thanks, Malcolm

Re:

Good choice, they are lovely bikes. Plenty for sale on the French website: leboncoin
Parts/ bikes significantly cheaper on this site, but you take your chance.
Headset condition all important.

Re:

Borris4 - Thanks for that tip :D . I can see the French have (relatively speaking) plenty of them for sale. Now I just need to convince someone there to sell and send one to a mad Brit :shock: .

Re:

I see there's a nice fork with bearings for €70 too on Leboncoin, might have that myself
Frame size is stamped on the head tube.
I'm 5ft 10 and a 54cm frame fits fine.

Re: Update on my Search

Hi Audax, assuming I manage to get a frame I am interested in a spare headset. Will let you know.

Re: Found Sad One on Ebay...

Found a sad one here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vitus-992-Dur ... SwO~hXIgR7

So any help out there ? Advice ?
Can the bust derailleur hangar be fixed adequately, ie spares availability, removal, de-bonding the epoxy-resin / redux bond ?
What about the knarled top lug gruscrew tapped hole, its an alloy lug and to repair probably means oversizing the new thread and finding grubscrew to larger size.
Headset duffed in. Crankset will be scrap probably after removal, and presumably the BB is as shot as the headset.

Or is this a don't touch it with a bargepole item? Tending to think that.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back