Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:18 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:54 am 
Old School Hero

Hi,

Trying to complete a lo-pro build - the calipers I've got mounted at the minute dwarf the frame, so I'm looking for some of those short reach aero calipers. They usually come up in silver, but occasionally in black. Either will do for me, good condition would be nice.

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 48ad7ff455

Cheers

JP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am 
Retro Guru

How about the brakes off my MKM? It hasn't sold so I'm considering splitting it up. The calipers and levers are in very good condition apart from some wear to the logo on the front caliper. I also have the original gum coloured hoods which are a bit grubby but with no splits or tears. The only thing missing is the brake cable end ferrules for inside the levers. They were a slightly bigger diameter than standard ones but to be honest I haven't had a problem with the cables slipping as they were well taped with electrical tape as well as handlebar tape.

I'd be looking for £65 for the lot including postage to UK mainland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52939874@N ... 481621706/

Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 am 
Old School Hero

I'm all over that like a bad suit. Pm en route

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 am 
Retro Guru

I have a poor condition pair of the silver calipers (with a "step" in the rear bolt) but missing the front acorn nut and both frame bolts , but no levers at all If you wish to sell yours now blightyinfurs ?

ps there is no "quick release" on my calipers , do the levers have one like campag ?

pss I also have some suntour superbe calipers with aftermarket koolstop pads that may be more appropriate on your mkm daccordimark ( I can pm or post photos if you wish)

Attachments:
187 dc brake.jpg
187 dc brake.jpg [ 187.05 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 am 
Retro Guru

latman wrote:
I have a poor condition pair of the silver calipers (with a "step" in the rear bolt) but missing the front acorn nut and both frame bolts , but no levers at all If you wish to sell yours now blightyinfurs ?

ps there is no "quick release" on my calipers , do the levers have one like campag ?

That's the only downside to those Dia Compes, the lack of quick release on calipers or levers but not a problem if you run tubs I found.

latman wrote:
pss I also have some suntour superbe calipers with aftermarket koolstop pads that may be more appropriate on your mkm daccordimark ( I can pm or post photos if you wish)

Thanks, but I have a pair of NOS Suntour Cyclone brakes with levers if I rebuild it. I won't be though as I need to clear out stuff.

Mark.