Mavic

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
All being well I should have a nice Gilco-tubed dutch frame heading my way to put the Mavic SSC parts I've been saving for the right frame onto.

Am still short of a few things though.....

Wheels - must be pre-501 Mavic hubs, 130mm axle for 7-speed and red-label Mavic rims. Tubular preferably but clincher would also be OK if they are nice ones. Or rims and hubs seperately - hubs must be with original QRs.

Headset - Not sure which size crown race yet though. Preferably Mavic but I know it's going to be a struggle to find one - so something similar.

Brakes - I have a set of Campag Victory to use for the time being but a set of Mavic SSCs or the un-badged Modolo Equipes, which are the same brakes would be ideal.

26.8 seatpost. Pref. Mavic but something in similar style also OK.

Saddle - Turbo or similar.....

Headset

I have in the garage a Mavic Headset which i have just taken off a bike. It looks like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mavic-Headset ... 2eb9100c21

however it does not have the upper black "elastic band" with it. Cant remember the size of it off hand and i know it had a few marks on the top of it which could proberbly be polished out.

If your interested I can dig it out tonight and get a better description, the size of it and some pics for you.

Just let me know if you do,
Cheers
Craig

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got a Mavic headset too but can't find a pic of a similar one. From memory it's a bit marked up too. I'll dig it out later....

Re: Headset

Was going to say I saw one on ebay the other week, it's that one...

taylorsummers":a89ux6l7 said:
I have in the garage a Mavic Headset which i have just taken off a bike. It looks like this one

however it does not have the upper black "elastic band" with it. Cant remember the size of it off hand and i know it had a few marks on the top of it which could proberbly be polished out.

If your interested I can dig it out tonight and get a better description, the size of it and some pics for you.

Cheers
Craig

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Headset

Thanks Craig.

It's nice but it's not one of the droids I'm looking for. AFAIK these are late 80s/90s. I need something a little earlier.

Of course - correct me if I am wrong about the date.

It would be perfect on my cross bike which is nearly all Mavic - but I need to fit a cable hanger so won't work.

taylorsummers":4v2g0cdo said:

Cheers
Craig

Back