Resillion Hub - Single Rear Cone or Whole 'donor' hub

Cheesedisease

Senior Retro Guru
Resillion Hub - Single Rear Cone or Whole hub

Picture below

Need a single rear cone to complete an old all steel, 1950s, rear Resillion hub. They are slightly odd cones. A sort of cone and 'dustcap' that covers the bearing all in one piece.

It's marked with a PATENT so maybe they're unique, and uniquely difficult to find. In that case if anyone has a whole rear hub I'd be interested. Any condition as the one I have is very good, so would just be pilfering the cone.

Many thanks,

Daniel

resilion5.JPG

No promises but I might be able to get hold of the cone for you. I'm sure I've seen one at work that looks the same as the ones in the picture.
As I said, no promises but I'll get back to you tomorrow with hopefully good news

That would be incredibly good and very much appreciated. They're rather an odd one.

Attached a picture... sorry they're bad. My proper camera isn't working. But you can see how the nut, dustcap and cone are sort of an all in one thing.
Says 'PROV. PAT' on outside.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• resillion_rear_cone.jpg
    resillion_rear_cone.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 695
I have one but !

Hi, if you don't have any luck with little jim, I have one but it has slight pitting, you might be able to get it ground out. Its come off a hub that had a block seizied on it, and when max pressure was applied the hub flange turned, sad as it was a good chromed version. Thanks Terry

Sorry to hear you damaged your own hub.

If you are willing to spare a cone, that would be great. I'll let you know what happens with littlejim. I'm away for a week from tomorrow night, so if I don't manage to reply very quickly, then that's why!

The Resillion set I have is really rather nice. Not sure what I'll do with them, but seems a shame not to rebuild them and sort them out. It too has stubborn single Phillips Celatonia freewheel. Not sure if stuck, but think I'll leave it on there now I've heard of your bad experience.

No go on the cone I'm afraid mate, the one I was thinking of is similar to the one you want but not the same and won't work in your hub. Sorry. Try the other guy :)

Back