Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Southend/ North London
Hey all!

Not been on here for a while. Looking for a 58-60cm Frameset, ideally 80s/90s to replace my '83 Raleigh Competition. Love it, but after 3 years I'm ready to admit the 54cm frame is too small for 6'2" of me.

Ideally I've got £200 to spend, but I can be flexible for something tasty and I'm open to full builds up to around £400.

Based in North London, can meet anywhere in London or would need delivery - life without cars or trains is a logistical nightmare!

Cheers all,
Matt


Last edited by skoze on Thu May 21, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 3574
Location: Cheshire
This is a late 80's/early ninties, coulumbus frame repainted, pm if of interrest

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=406674


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:55 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm
Posts: 724
I can't believe I'm typing this because I'm fairly sure I don't want to sell it. But I haven't used it in years, it has just been hanging in the garage half dismantled.

It's a 59-c-t Ron Cooper frame, I don't know the exact age but I'm guessing 80's

I'm based near Southend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Southend/ North London
oaklec wrote:
I can't believe I'm typing this because I'm fairly sure I don't want to sell it. But I haven't used it in years, it has just been hanging in the garage half dismantled.

It's a 59-c-t Ron Cooper frame, I don't know the exact age but I'm guessing 80's

I'm based near Southend


I know that feeling all too well! You do, however, have a PM..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:03 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:20 am
Posts: 889
Location: St. Helens
I have a 60 cm steel frame ,branded midas with lovely chromed fork. £50


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 5003
Location: Sheppey, Kent
How about a very nice Peugeot 653 Athena frame?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114228208490

Not cosmetically perfect but it is pretty damn good and 653 rides beautifully. (My fav tubeset without a doubt!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 am 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Southend/ North London
Tel wrote:
How about a very nice Peugeot 653 Athena frame?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114228208490

Not cosmetically perfect but it is pretty damn good and 653 rides beautifully. (My fav tubeset without a doubt!)


So nice it's sold! That would've been mint, thanks for sharing it - that'll make a sweet build.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am
Posts: 294
Location: Ponte-Carlo
skoze wrote:
Tel wrote:
How about a very nice Peugeot 653 Athena frame?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114228208490

Not cosmetically perfect but it is pretty damn good and 653 rides beautifully. (My fav tubeset without a doubt!)


So nice it's sold! That would've been mint, thanks for sharing it - that'll make a sweet build.


Have DM'ed you about another Peugeot 653.

All the best

Andy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:22 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:53 pm
Posts: 236
Location: London
Hi, I've got a 1985 61cm (ctc) Raleigh Competition with mostly original spec. I rode it for a couple of years but a few longer rides confirmed that at 6'6" I'm too big for it. I'd be willing to let it go for a bit less than £200

It's currently resting under a blanket in the (dry!) Cellar. I can give it at once over and give you a clearer price (and take fresh pictures) if you're interested.

Pick up would be from London, E5 (Hackney).


Attachments:
20160209_101639_resized_1.jpg
20160209_101639_resized_1.jpg [ 171.83 KiB | Viewed 424 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Southend/ North London
nonowt wrote:
Hi, I've got a 1985 61cm (ctc) Raleigh Competition with mostly original spec. I rode it for a couple of years but a few longer rides confirmed that at 6'6" I'm too big for it. I'd be willing to let it go for a bit less than £200

It's currently resting under a blanket in the (dry!) Cellar. I can give it at once over and give you a clearer price (and take fresh pictures) if you're interested.

Pick up would be from London, E5 (Hackney).


That really is lovely - looks like it's in great nick as well. I love those frames and I'll be quite sad not to be riding my one anymore.

I have, however, found what I didn't know I was looking for - picked up a Basso Scout on Monday for a bit of a do-everything build, may look at something faster again in future but I think this'll check a load of boxes for now. Never saw the appeal of tourers, but similarly to you a couple of long rides made me realise what I actually needed! Looking forward to building something to eat up the miles and carry a bunch of stuff.

Thanks so much to everyone who put frames forward, I really appreciate it. Also seems I can't reply to PMs anymore - to anyone I've not replied to it's not for want of trying. Apologies!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codydaniels, Quigs Snr and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group