12-30 Freewheel

Smallest you can get is 13t, otherwise there is no space for a removal tool. Even then, the cog overlaps the freewheel part trapping water and causing life to shorten. The simplest is the Shimano 14-28, widely available.

hamster":1jpw76ds said:
Smallest you can get is 13t, otherwise there is no space for a removal tool. Even then, the cog overlaps the freewheel part trapping water and causing life to shorten. The simplest is the Shimano 14-28, widely available.

Ok thank you.

Re:

Suntour did a ‘New Winner’ seven speed with a low of 12 tooth. This pre-dates index gearing so unlikely to work if you want that function - although someone may be along soon to clarify that. It’s unlikely you will be able to find everything you need to make it up to 12-30 ratios but great things can happen on this forum if you are determined enough!

Re: freewheel

Hello, I found a 13 - 30 on eBay eventually (Sachs) paid £25. They are often up for lots more. I'm mainly contacting you to warn against buying IRD freewheels. I wished I'd checked internet before buying. £50 ish (new) - looked good and proved unreliable - just as many reviews said.

Latest posts

Back