WANTED !!! Campagnolo Electron campagnolo freewheel

gridno27

rBotM Winner
Looking for a further project

to complete my Electron Wheelset (front I have) - I am loking for a Campagnolo Electron Campy Freewheel
BR Thomas

IIRC, the Electron were the top of the range in the late 90's and used a freehub body with the current 9/10sp spline, so it's more correct say that you need a freehub?
I am going by memory, some of those wheels had a titanium axle so I'm not 100% sure the freehub for the steel-axle hubs of that era would fit. If you can remove the freehub and post a picture I can have a look, I must have a spare freehub for my Record 9sp hub :cool:

Re:

… sorry but I got the Elecron rear wheel from a friend and I am still waiting for it :oops:

Do you know the diameter in mm of the corresponding axle of the hub - I think it should be 17.0 mm
I will com back with pic of the wheel when I received it

Sorry - for delay in reply
BR Thomas

FWIW, those years would still use a steel axle, or titanium axle in some models, both of the specs would be 12mm where the freehub fits. But no, you can't use modern freehubs as they're different OD where the pawls are (modern Campag hubs have more engagement points too) so you've to find those freehubs with the 3 coil springs under each pawl

Like those
75199.jpg

Usually you recognize them because of the proper "silver" colour and dark base (the hub on the right), while the modern ones are sort of "titanium" colour (the one on the left)
75149.jpg

Back