Looking for a touring bike project

Hi, if you definitely want a vintage bike then I can't help you, but if not I am considering splitting my 2013 Kaffenback, which has a bombproof steel frame with all the braze-ons you'll need. It is currently available for a test ride, here in North Yorks if you are interested. I am 5 foot 11 inches tall. I'm looking for £90 for the frame, fork and headset. It has done around 1000 miles. The frame will take disc, canti or rim brakes.
Here it is as I first built it up.

Attachments

• rsz_2013-07-16_200549.jpg
    rsz_2013-07-16_200549.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 408
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for all the advice, am looking into all those galaxies.

Twosheds, very nice but unfortunately I fear by the time I've built that frame up it'll become really quite an expensive bike, thanks very much for the offer though!

£150 is about my budget to have something in a rough running or close to rough running state give or take a little depending on the bike itself.

Thanks for all the advice so far, very much appreciating it all!

Re:

Thank you for all the replies everyone, I've got myself a bike! I bought gosforthbike's Dawes horizon. It's 501 double butted frame with 531 forks so pretty happy with that as a solution and got most of the stuff to it mostly rough running. So pretty happy, I'd say problem solved, time to get it together and put it to work!

Cheers for all the advice everyone

Nout wrong with 501! Good forks too. I don't know your area, but I would suggest a bike jumble would be a good bet for a wheelset. You might snag a bargain on here or the usual Ebay, Gumtree, etc. though, and a scan of the online retailer might come up with something on clearance or such that does the trick. Hope you get it out while the summer is still with us!

Well, credit here to GosforthBike, he very kindly dug out a pair of wheels and several other bits and bobs that should have me set up to go for a start. Not only that he even drove into the town I was working in to drop the bike off... how about that for a good bloke?

I'm building a 26" wheel tourer at the mo, it wont be much more than £100 posted - cantilever brakes, 21 speed triple, bar end shifters etc etc.

Based a round a Diamond Back with full double butted cro-mo/ Tange cro-mo forks.

Back