Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

Anyone know what these two items are?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=389257
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Anyone know what these two items are?

First, I get that it guides the cable but is it branded? And what would you call it? :)
Attachment:
D0A74BD8-3E24-4EA3-9661-1DD7FD78110F.jpeg
D0A74BD8-3E24-4EA3-9661-1DD7FD78110F.jpeg [ 59.56 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

Attachment:
B80471A8-A606-405E-80E3-FC2593EAE18E.jpeg
B80471A8-A606-405E-80E3-FC2593EAE18E.jpeg [ 82.28 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

Second, I know it’s a pulley but any ideas who makes it and what it’s called? I couldn’t find any at all on eBay...
Attachment:
AE73E082-CBA8-4136-9BE8-8E8399BA6599.jpeg
AE73E082-CBA8-4136-9BE8-8E8399BA6599.jpeg [ 71.06 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

I think the first one is known as a "Dog Collar" ?
Usually found on some Kona frames, or any frame without a rear brake cable stop really.
Not sure if that one is original or aftermarket though? No doubt someone else on here will know. Edit: I recognise that emblem, possibly after market... nope... that's the Kona one :)

The second one i think is just a front mech pulley with band-on clamp.
You see those clamps used for mechs, adding extra water bottles, cable guides etc.
The blue anodized pulley is nice, but I've no idea if it's any particular brand, or just generic far eastern made.

Author:  kermitgreenkona88 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

Top on is a Kona Dog Collar

The 2nd one is a DMR Mechverter or similar

Author:  The History Man [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1739929081

Author:  kermitgreenkona88 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!


Affirmative!

Author:  Tricky1977 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

jimo746 wrote:
I think the first one is known as a "Dog Collar" ?
Usually found on some Kona frames, or any frame without a rear brake cable stop really.
Not sure if that one is original or aftermarket though? No doubt someone else on here will know. Edit: I recognise that emblem, possibly after market... nope... that's the Kona one :)

The second one i think is just a front mech pulley with band-on clamp.
You see those clamps used for mechs, adding extra water bottles, cable guides etc.
The blue anodized pulley is nice, but I've no idea if it's any particular brand, or just generic far eastern made.

Thanks!
Yeah the reason I ask is because this bike was bejewelled with expensive gear so I hope it’s fancy :)

Author:  jimo746 [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

Tricky1977 wrote:
Yeah the reason I ask is because this bike was bejewelled with expensive gear so I hope it’s fancy :)


Let's see the rest of the jewels then :wink:

Author:  The History Man [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

jimo746 wrote:
kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
The History Man wrote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231739929081


No!


Affirmative!

He asked what it was called not how good it was. :P

Author:  mkone [ Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anyone know what these two items are?

Yes, its a Kona K-Nine dog collar.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/