Mavic Crossrides

fok

Dirt Disciple
Can anyone tell me when Mavic launched the Crossride wheelset please?

I've done some Googling but drawn a blank on anything concrete. I've asked Mavic themselves and they were friendly on the phone but didn't know, so I'm still waiting for an answer.

I've got a yellow hub set on the way and thought about using them on a 99 build that I'd like to keep fairly period correct. Were they out then?

Thanks in advance.

Re:

I had some yellow hub rim brake only crossrides I bought from Wills Wheels in Stockport around 2000 and he had them reduced in price. I presumed the price reduction was because a new variation was on the way.

I sold them on here about 2 years ago, they still looked great were as smooth as ever and had done many thousands of miles. Only (very slight) issue was some play in the freehub which is common across the mavic range and can be fixed at a price.

I still have crossrides on my favourite bike, but disk specific now.

Re:

Im not so sure the crossride was around then. Back in 1999 it was the CrossLink with the grey coloured rims and grey hubs with the straight pull spokes on one side of the hub. The crossrides follwed after this around 2000/2001

I have a pair in almost mint condition except the rear free hub is shot as its the early mavic non servicable type that is pressed into the hub body with the bearing and have now idea how to replace it or if a new freehub would be available

Back