Spinergy xyclones or mavic crossmax?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Rejigging some builds with a view to selling off some bits and I've a decision to make around wheels (amongst other things).

My team RTS is not a period build, the frame is of course from. 93, the bars, stem, seat post and saddle all from around d the same era, but that's where it ends.

I'm fitting avid ultimate v brakes, and either sticking with m952 or perhaps m970 or x0 (another decision to make).

Wheels however are more straightforward. I have crossmax ceramic wheels currently fitted (I bought them new around 7 years ago and they've done a few hundred miles max). I also have some new spinergy xyclones (stealth black) that again I bought new a few years ago and they've done less than 20 miles.

I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on which is the better set of wheels and why.

I'm hoping to build up my keeper RTS with the best bits i have already and let the rest go (a few other builds may get the rejig treatment before then).

Possibly worth me mentioning that I also have a set of m950 on mavic sun sets which may be swapped over from my dbr axis TT in favour of either of these wheel sets, but the RTS won't suit these but I'd also be interested in how these stack up against the crossmax and spinergy for the dbr, as I'm keeping this as well. Oh, there are also a set of hope Sus/ti glide in blue on mavic cd rims (not sure which model though as no decals) and a set of spin wheels in absolutely mint condition physically and mechanically also worth considering for the RTS.

Thanks

Back