Wiggle Verenti Mesh (Deore)

matt-b

Old School Hero
Evening people.

I'm looking to get a mountain bike this spring, with a budget of around £450/£500.

I was thinking of going second hand to hopefully get more for my money, but i found this on Wiggles website.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-mesh-deore-2016/

Has anyone got one? Or any experience of this brand?

The spec looks very good, and with free postage I cant find anything similar or near the same spec for the same money.

Thanks, Matt

Re:

It depends what sort of person you are, a lot of us here like to "upgrade" our bikes, but if you are happy to run the bike till it breaks then I agree the spec does look good for the money.

If you are going to start upgrading to XT in a few weeks then maybe it isn't the best option. Personally I would look for a bike on a known good frame (new or used) with lower spec and let the upgrades flow :). My first mountain bike, back in the late 90s, was OK spec on the "wrong" frame, I kept upgrading till it was a completely different bike! Would have been cheaper to buy the finished article from the start.

To add I still own that "upgraded" bike and I still spend more time on it than any other. A good bike will motivate you to ride, a cheaper bike is not a saving if you don't ride it just a waste of money.

Back