NOS Cannondale Lefty 100mm coil from 2004/5

windym

Dirt Disciple
Hi, picked this up and would like some idea of its value, its a 2004/5 lefty, mounted but unused and it is in fantastic condition. It has a sticker on the fork saying TF tuned, the rebound works fine and the shock is very smooth.

So guys any ideas on value?

Cheers Andy

That looks like one of the older Max 120mm or 130mm models, can't see fomr the pic but does it have a big red dial on top with a kind of vertical crescent protrusion? or a small red knob with knurled or machined edges?

It's definitely an older model, which are desirable for some reasons, dampers are easily serviceable, removable clamps etc, less desirable in others, heavier, harder to convert to normal steerer etc.

Used examples of the above go for anywhere from £100 - £200 depending on condition, newer carbon ones are now going for £250 - £300, and the even newer PBR damper Alu ones can be had for < £300 now 2nd hand as well which is pushing the price of the older Alu ones down a bit at the moment.

Still, it's in great condition so that's a massive bonus as a lot of what puts people off buying them 2nd hand is the potential for having to get them serviced.

Ah ok, then it's probably a Lefty Jake, 100mm travel, they were normally black but some models came with silver ones, no adjuster right at the bottom of the leg? if it's just a black hexagonal cap there then almost certainly a Jake.

Jakes are normally worth a bit less as they are shorter travel, and coil sprung, all the other short travel ones are air sprung and significantly lighter. Jakes also have a simpler damper. Would be able to confirm model with pics of the top and bottom. Have you taken the top cap off to check it is coil sprung?

A lot of people pass Jakes by in search of either the longer travel coils sprung Max's or the lighter Air sprung DLRs, but they are amongst the most reliable of the older Leftys, I've got one and love it to bits. I have a bit of a Lefty habit, there's 6 here between me and the other half!

Back